Skip to content

Butterfly Quilt

August 14, 2016

Butterfly quilt1

This is a baby quilt I made for a co-worker who had a beautiful baby girl.

 

Harry Potter Baby Quilt

February 7, 2015

IMG_2045IMG_2046IMG_2047IMG_2048

A coworker had a baby in December and she was decorating the nursery in Harry Potter Baby but the fabric is out of print. I saw a quilt like this on Pinterest and borrowed their idea for making the quilt. It is over sized and I wish I had taken better pictures. The back is covered in a medium blue with tiny black bats all over. It was a success, she loved the quilt.

Picture perfect!

December 30, 2014

Car

This car is parked down the street from my home. My son took this picture on December 27, 2014 and I thought it was beautiful! Makes me thinks of times long gone.

Dragon Star Quilt top finished!

December 30, 2014

Dragonfly Star QuiltWell, after several months I finally finished the quilt top for my son.  The picture does not do it justice as the colors are off.  The ‘yellow’ is actually more of a lime green and the dark purple border is actually a black with different colored dots.  Now I’m just waiting to find a place where I can lay out the layers and baste the quilt to prepare for quilting.

Summer Beading Fun

July 17, 2014

blue beaded bracelet in progress
This is a bead embroidery bracelet in progress.
blue beaded bracelet2
And here is the finished bracelet! I’m very pleased with the finished art!
securedownload
This is a beaded bracelet and keychain I made for my great niece. She seemed to like them!
brown rightside up1
And this is my current project, another beaded bracelet.

I have enjoyed the time working with my beads again and hope that the beads stay out of storage long enough for me to make some projects for Christmas gifts this year!

A new Quilt project

March 21, 2014

Dragon Star Quilt pattern

The picture above is the Dragon Star Quilt Pattern by Judy Niemeyer of Quiltworx. I love her patterns and have always wanted to try one so this week I began the process. My colors are all blues and greens and I hope it turns out just as great as the one pictured above. I’m using only batiks in my quilt. I spent hours, probably close to 10 hours, pulling batiks from my stash, going to the store to spend another hour picking out more batiks and then back home again pulling out more batiks from my stash trying to get the right blend and contrast as well as value, tone, etc. I think at this point only the final product will show if I am successful. Finally, I was ready to sew! NO! I spent several hours cutting out all the pattern pieces, putting them into numbered baggies and making copies of the extra pieces I would need on my extremely s l o w home printer! Finally I was ready to sew the first pieces. This is a paper-pieced quilt so it will be time consuming but perfect. It was already 7pm last night and I know better than to sew when I’m tired because then I make mistakes….and I hate ripping! So, I sat down to watch some tv but kept looking over at that little black featherweight and I just had to get up and try out the first two colors. Well, the very center of the star has 8 pieced sections. I sewed one, perfect! I sewed two, two mistakes. UGGGG… I finished the second one and made the intelligent decision to put it aside until the next day! So, today is sewing day but first I must venture out into the world and go to the grocery store and the post office before I allow myself to sew because I know that once I sit down the day will fly by and I still won’t have groceries!

Celtic Solstice Step 2 completed!

December 29, 2013

Step 2 photo

I’m so glad to be finished with step 2! Whew! 1,464 pieces sewn on the diagonal. After I cut out all of the pieces I saw a post on the Quiltville Yahoo group that showed one member cutting long strips, sewing them together and then cutting the pieces out on the diagonal….wish I’d read that before I cut out over 1,700 pieces (yes, yes, I know…I lost count and just kept cutting and cutting and cutting)! But, step 2 is finished and I’m pleased with the accuracy of my blocks!

Now…on to step 3…and I’m behind because step 5 has already been released! Back to the sewing machine!